Prep: 30 min
- A pot
- Wooden Spoon
- A baking dish
- 3 cups of water
- 2 cups of grounded groundnuts
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of pounded Chikanda
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoon of baking soda diluted in half a cup of water
1) Stir 2 cups of pounded groundnuts into 3 cups of boiling water.
2) As it starts to boil, add 2 teaspoons of salt and continue to stir.
3) Slowly stir in 1 cup of pounded Chikanda, continue to stir until all has been dissolved.
4) Add 1 teaspoon of soda.
5) As it begins to thicken, slowly add in 2 teaspoons of baking soda diluted in half a cup of water.
6) Continue to mix the Chikanda until the texture changes and begins to disintegrate.
7) As it starts to change texture, place the Chikanda in a baking dish.
8) Put it in the oven for 15-30 minutes, be checking it regularly.
9) Leave to cool before cutting and serving.