By 11dem on March 12, 2021
A proverb is a short, well-known pithy saying stating a general truth or a piece of advice. Proverbs about life helps one to see life from the lens of wisdom and make adjustments where necessary.
Below, we have compiled a list of 80 proverbs about life that will help you improve your life.
80 Inspirational Proverbs About Life
1) A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion.
2) Beggars can’t be choosers.
3) Discretion is the greater part of valor.
4) Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test first and the lesson afterwards.
5) He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
6) A slip of the foot may soon be recovered; but that of the tongue perhaps never.
7) A small leak will sink a great ship.
8) A good neighbor is better than a brother far off.
9) A watched pot never boils.
10) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
11) Deep doubts, deep wisdom; small doubts, little wisdom.
12) Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
13) Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
14) Be a master of mind rather than mastered by mind.
15) Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.
16) Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.
17) From the withered tree, a flower blooms.
18) Honesty is the best policy.
19) Life’s trials may be hard to bear, but patience can outlive them.
20) One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
21) The early bird catches the worm.
22) The grass is always greener on the other side of the hill.
23) A miss is as good as a mile.
24) Necessity is the mother of invention.
25) People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
26) The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
27) To wait and be patient soothes many a pang.
28) You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.
29) You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.
30) Too many cooks spoil the broth.
31) An open door may tempt a saint.
32) All promises are either broken or kept.
33) Cut your coat according to your cloth.
34) A friend’s eye is a good mirror.
35) A man too careful of danger lives in continual torment.
36) Adversity and loss make a man wise.
37) As you go through life, make this your goal, watch the doughnut and not the hole.
38) A diamond with a flaw is better than a common stone that is perfect.
39) If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
40) Manners maketh the man.
41) One step at a time is good walking.
42) The pen is mightier than the sword.
43) There’s no time like the present.
44) There’s no place like home.
45) A good thing is all the sweeter when won with pain.
46) All things come to those that wait.
47) Discretion is the better part of valour.
48) A light heart lives long.
49) Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
50) It takes time to build castles.
Deep Proverbs About Life
51) Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.
52) Two heads are better than one.
53) When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
54) Two wrongs don’t make a right.
55) Fortune favours the brave.
56) Birds of a feather flock together.
57) Actions speak louder than words.
58) Easy come, easy go.
59) A handsome shoe often pinches the foot.
60) Never look a gift horse in the mouth.
61) Practice makes perfect.
62) Procrastination is the thief of time.
63) Distant hills look green.
64) As one door closes, another always opens.
65) A picture is worth a thousand words.
66) Grasp no more than thy hand will hold.
67) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
68) Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
69) Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.
70) No man is an island.
71) A bully is always a coward.
72) A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
73) Do right and fear no man.
74) A penny saved is a penny earned.
75) Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched.
76) Absence makes the heart grow fonder
77) Better late than never.
78) Familiarity breeds contempt.
79) He who laughs last laughs longest.
80) Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.