Best proverbs about money! Money is any object that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts in a given country or socio-economic context.
An old-age proverb is the best way to give smart money advice that is worth hearing in any century. In this fast-paced world of making quick money, these proverbs will help you make the right decisions and choose wisely.
Below, we have compiled a list of 80 best proverbs about money that will make you think deeply and be cautious with how you make and spend money.
80 Best Proverbs About Money
1) A good name is better than riches
2) A good paymaster never wants workmen
3) Money doesn’t grow on trees
4) Money Talks!
5) It takes money to make money
6) A moneyless man goes fast through the market.
7) Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
8) Bad money drives out good.
9) Never spend money before you have it.
10) A fool and his money are soon parted.
11) If you buy what you don’t need, you steal from yourself.
12) Money can’t buy happiness.
13) Money is like sea water. The more you drink, the thirstier you become.
14) Save for a rainy day.
15) Interest on debt grows without rain.
16) Money is power.
17) The more you get, the more you want.
18) The worth of a thing is what it will bring.
19) Neither a borrower nor a lender be.
20) What you have, hold.
21) Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise
22) Money makes the mare to go.
23) Look After the Pennies and the Pounds Will Look After Themselves
24) A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
25) A golden key can open any door.
26) If you don’t speculate, you can’t accumulate.
27) Forgetting a debt does not pay it.
28) Cut your coat according to your cloth.
29) Money is a good servant, but a bad master.
30) Cash is king
31) Thrift is a great revenue.
32) There’s no such thing as a free lunch.
33) You get what you pay for.
34) The best things in life are free.
35) When poverty comes in at the door, love flies out of the window.
36) One law for the rich and another for the poor.
37) A penny saved is a penny earned.
38) If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys
39) A good payer is a master of another’s purse
40) Money isn’t everything.
41) Money has no smell.
42) Rather go to bed supperless than rise in debt.
43) Creditors have better memories than debtors.
44) Spending is quick; earning is slow.
45) Get the money honestly if you can.
46) Money is the Means, Not the End
47) Money makes the world go round
48) Time is money.
49) Beggars can’t be choosers.
50) Easy come, easy go.
51) Never marry for money but marry where money is.
52) Out of debt, out of danger.
53) He who pays the piper calls the tune.
54) Money, like manure, does no good till it is spread.
55) Lend your money and lose your friend.
African Proverbs About Money
56) Poverty without debt is real wealth.
57) It is no disgrace at all to work for money.
58) Money is like the waters of a sailing river it flows away.
59) He who has people is richer than he who has money.
60) Your brother’s pocket cannot keep your wealth.
61) If stretching were wealth, the cat would be rich.
62) He who has brothers has more than riches can buy.
63) Money can even corrupt the virtuous.
64) If your brother is rich it doesn’t mean you’re rich.
65) Money is the root of all evil.
66) The rich rule over the poor, And the borrower is slave to the lender.
67) Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income.
68) Why should fools have money in hand to buy wisdom, when they are not able to understand it?
69) If you lend money to one of my people among you who is needy, do not treat it like a business deal; charge no interest.
70) Wealth from get-rich-quick schemes quickly disappears; wealth from hard work grows over time.
71) A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest— and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man.
72) If you love sleep, you will end in poverty. Keep your eyes open, and there will be plenty to eat!
73) What is sweet in a fools mouth will surely finish is money.
Bible Proverbs About Money
74) A hard worker has plenty of food, but a person who chases fantasies has no sense.
75) Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth.
76) One who oppresses the poor to increase his wealth and one who gives gifts to the rich—both come to poverty.
77) Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
78) Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have.
79) A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children, but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous.
80) All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
80 Best Proverbs About Money!